Duties And Responsibilities
& Minimum Requirements: ||
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A CAREER IN ENERGY SYSTEMS? CONSIDER GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY!
We offer very attractive benefits, including the following:
The Energy Management Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of energy management systems to ensure continuous, effective, efficient temperature and humidity control, and accurate data acquisition for analysis, accounting, and billing, including, but not limited to:
- 403(b) plan with excellent employer match.
- Tuition assistance plan for employees and children.
- Excellent dental and healthcare plans for employees and their families.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Involvement in every facet of the energy management system from design, through commissioning, normal operations and repair.
- Coordinating directly with outside contractors and vendors to effect installation of new or renovated systems and the subsequent air balancing within the affected building.
*Please note that a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering may be substituted for the above technical requirements.
Licensed DC 3rd class equipment operating engineer.
- Completion of apprenticeship or equivalent training in the maintenance and operation of electric, electronic, electro-mechanical, mechanical, and pneumatic controls and control systems.
College courses, with at least three years of related experience OR completion of technical training in the maintenance and operation of micro-processor controlled controls and five years of related experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, strong team skills, and the ability to work well with people in stressful situations.
- Both theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of all mechanical systems and their associated electronic or pneumatic control systems for current and planned future use in University buildings.
- Ability to read and understand design drawings with the capability of predicting and evaluating projected operations based on the drawings.
- Understanding of controls logic for both pneumatic and electronic controls and ability to program electronic systems.
- Demonstrably exceptional trouble-shooting skills encompassing mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of the energy systems.
- Experienced in Microsoft Server 2007, Microsoft SQL, and controls programming experience; knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid driver's license.