Duties And Responsibilities
& Minimum Requirements: ||
The Learning Management System Administrator participates in the operation and maintenance of scholarly systems in support of Georgetown University’s core mission of teaching, learning, and research. The position is primarily responsible and provides technical leadership for the campus learning management system (LMS), currently Blackboard. This position serves as the system administrator for the university’s LMS, ensuring its efficient operation and leading and managing the installation of all system updates/upgrades.
Responsibilities also include answering higher-level support requests, researching new features and tools, conducting and coordinating testing, and working with university staff and vendors to resolve complex technical issues.
This position must maintain a knowledge of current industry trends to review potential integrated tools and other learning management systems, which might be used to supplement or replace Blackboard. He/she will also serve as an expert resource and advocate of the LMS and integrated tools, engaging faculty, students, academic technologists, and University Information Services staff to ensure the effective use of these tools to enhance learning.
As a member of the Scholarly Systems team, he/she may also be tasked with other job responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, technology, management information systems, computer engineering, or similar field
- 3 years progressive work experience as a learning management system administrator
- Recent experience with server administration of Blackboard Learn 9.1 preferred
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively with faculty and staff with varying degrees of technical knowledge/aptitude
- Ability to be flexible with changing responsibilities and duties as additional needs become known
- Basic understanding of instructional design principles, practices, and/or theories desired
- Experience with content authoring tools such as Captivate, Articulate, and Lectora a plus.
In addition to the challenge, what’s in it for you?
- Competitive Base Salary
- 403(b) plan with excellent employer match
- Tuition assistance plan for employees and children
- Outstanding professional development opportunities
- Excellent dental and healthcare plans for employees and their families
Founded in 1789, Georgetown University is the nation's oldest Catholic university and one of the world’s leading academic and research institutions. It is a leading employer in the Washington, DC metropolitan area that offers employees the opportunity to work with the most dynamic individuals in a caring, diverse, and intellectually stimulating environment.