Duties And Responsibilities
& Minimum Requirements: ||
Building Maintenance Worker performs general building trades work to maintain building systems and equipment and related components as part of the services provided by the Facilities Management area to maintain University buildings:
- Performs semi-skill maintenance and repairs in accordance with industry/trade practices.
- Provides daily maintenance support to building users, including responses to calls for service and scheduled preventative maintenance inspections.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance and unscheduled or special work.
- Checks areas for any structural damage, water leaks, and burnt out lights.
- Uses standard tools, equipment, materials, and supplies of the trade.
- Observes observe all safety rules, regulations, and precautions in performing their duties.
- HS Graduate or GED certificate.
- At least two years of experience performing general building maintenance work, using electrical, plumbing, carpentry/lock, and basic HVAC maintenance skills.
- Completion of a training program in general building maintenance, including basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, lock, and HVAC maintenance.
- Possess a valid DC, VA or MD driver’s license and qualify as a University authorized driver.
This position is an emergency position that requires that incumbent report to work during inclement weather at the regularly scheduled time, regardless of whether the University is closed, opening late, or closing early.