As a graduate from one of the degree programs at the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies, you are part of a growing community of intellectually curious and professionally ambitious leaders. Our graduates of degree programs are connected with the broader Georgetown University alumni community, with the School of Continuing Studies and with program-specific alumni services and networking opportunities.
Stay Connected to Georgetown SCS and Email Forwarding
1. Stay connected with the Georgetown University Alumni Association. The site includes alumni news and an online directory for graduates of our degree programs.
2. Join SCS's LinkedIn community to stay connected to your classmates and faculty and learn of professional and career opportunities. This is the best way to stay connected to Georgetown SCS after graduation.
3. Set-up Georgetown email forwarding to forward email sent to your Georgetown address to go to another email account (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.) As an alum, you get to keep email@example.com email address for life, free of charge.
4. Sign-up for SCS's eNewsletter for alumni and “Li
5. Read or download SCS’s 2012-13 Dean’s Report to learn how Georgetown SCS is fulfilling our mission.
6. Explore Georgetown University’s digital magazine with features about alumni, faculty, students, research and significant events in the life of the university.
Professional and Career Development
1. Special SCS alumni rate on select professional certificate programs and courses – To support you in your professional advancement, we are pleased to offer SCS alumni a special 10% tuition rate on select non-credit professional certificate programs and courses, such as viral marketing, leadership presence and project management, offered through SCS’s Center for Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) and the Institute for Transformational Leadership.
To claim your SCS alumni rate:
2. Alumni Career Services – Georgetown’s Alumni Career Services provides tools for job searches, events and webinars for professional development, networking opportunities and other special benefits. As a new alum, you are provided with the following complimentary services (for up to three years after graduation) through the Cawley Career Education Center:
- Up to three 50-minute sessions with a career counselor
- Mock interview session (can be videotaped)
- Assessments to determine values, interests, personality, and skills (nominal fees may apply to cover cost of assessment supplies)
- Up to three 30-minute sessions with an employment advisor
- Opportunity to meet with pre-law advisor
- Attend annual career fairs
- Walk-in appointments (15 minute) on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Access to view and apply for alumni postings through the Hoya Career Connection system
4. Other alumni benefits and resources – Georgetown Alumni Online provides a comprehensive list of alumni benefits and resources. Set-up your Alumni Online profile to gain access to these and other alumni benefits.NOTE: some services must be activated within six months of graduation in order to use them.
Stay Connected to Georgetown University
1. Georgetown Today Alumni eNewsletter – You will automatically receive Georgetown Today, the university’s official alumni eNewsletter. Click here to adjust your subscription settings.
2. Connect with Alumni Career Services on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twit
3. Connect with Georgetown on Facebook and Twitter.
The School of Continuing Studies has created a special Dean’s Scholarship fund, which makes a Georgetown education possible for qualified students who demonstrate financial need. We welcome your tax-deductible contribution to the SCS Dean’s Scholarship fund, or to one of three other funds that support the school and university.
Please click here to go to Georgetown SCS’s giving page. We thank you for your support.
Lost or damaged you diploma? Visit the University Registrar’s Office and complete a diploma replacement request form.